Flash Music Player Documentation
TSPlayer v2.1, Trio Solutions Flash Music Player, is an mp3 format audio player to be used in Web sites as a special feature. This music player is developed in Flash running over Flash Player 7 or superior. It includes skin support for the user to select the design skin of his choice. The player can accept any configuration: autoplay, volume, shuffling, repeat, et...
This flash music player features both distributions:
- a Dreamweaver component (mxp)
- a Flash movie in a .zip file along with the following files: readme.txt, a directory named skin wich contains the default skin that is distributed with the player, the audio player TSPlayerV2.1.swf, the configuration file configuration.xml and a playlist file as demo playlist.xml.
|Avoid any sample rate that isn't a multiple of 11,025Hz. Many hardware and software MP3 players including those ones using Adobe/Macromedia Flash won't play anything that isn't a multiple of 11,025. The recommended ratio are 11, 22 or 44 KHz. Any other can give you speed conflicts when using Flash Music Players.|
1.- Action Indicators
5.- Repeat Button
6.- Shuffling Button
7.- Song Data / Action Name
8.- Seeking Bar
9.- Previous Button
10.- Play Button
11.- Pause Button
12.- Stop Button
13.- Next Button
14.- Mute Button
15.- Volume Control
As a component
If Macromedia Extension Manager is installed, double click the MXP downloaded file that will install the component to be used from Dreamweaver. Then the user will be able to insert it in just a few and simple steps in his Web pages. The component will be visible in the Dreamweaver Commands menu under the option called Trio Solution Player v2.1. In order to use this component you should configure the Web site and save the page where the flash music player is to appear. These are the required steps so that the player can calculate the relative URL taking into account the page hosting the audio player, the corresponding skin and the music files to be played.
To insert Trio Solution Player v2.1. in your website select the option Trio Solution Player v2.1. under the Commands menu in Dreamweaver; it will open an insertion/configuration window in wich a text field will appear to select the folder where the music files to play on the website are stored. This directory must be placed inside the website. When clicking on the button named “next”, a folder named TSPlayer will be created in your website, including a folder named skin, TSPlayerV2.1.swf file and a file named playlist.xml that contains the list of mp3 files that are gonna be played on your website.
In the next step of the TSPlayer configuration the user must set a group of options:
- “Select Skin”, to select from the different skins that the user acquired for TSPlayer, (the component installs a default skin inside the skin folder in the TSPlayer folder).
- “Autoplay” will allow the user to choose between starting playing the first file on the playlist or starting off until the user selects a file from the playlist or clicks on the button “play”.
- “Playlist visibility” will allow the playlist to be visible or not.
- “Toggle Repeat” allows to choose if the user wants this option active by default. “Toogle Shuffling” allows to choose if the user wants shuffling active by default.
- “Volume Value” allows to enter the desired starting music volume choosing a number between 0 and 100.
When you press "Finished" a file named configuration.xml will be created inside the TSPlayer folder. This file can be edited if you want to change the default configuration or the skin.
Distributed as SWF
Unpack the .zip file downloaded from our website, named TSPlayerV2.1.zip, copy inside your website directory the folder named TSPlayer, wich contains the file TSPlayerV2.1.swf, the file configuration.xml, the file playlist.xml and a folder that will contain the default skin with the visual appearance of the player on your website.
1) Open the file configuration.xml inside Dreamweaver or any other text editor. This file contains the options to configurate the mp3 player and plays a key part in the good functioning of TSPlayer. Configuration.xml has the following structure:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
- <skin></skin> contains the URL of the skin the player will show. This address may be absolute inside the Web site (e.g. http://www.mywebaddress.com/TSPlayer/skin/skinname.swf) or relative to the Web page where the player will be inserted (e.g. tsplayer/skin/skinname.swf, in case the TSPlayer folder and the Web page are in the same level).
- <playlist></playlist> This option allows to show/hide the playlist. The values allowed are 0 “or” 1.
- <autoplay></autoplay> This option is used to select if the user wants the player to load playing the first song of the playlist. The values allowed are 1 (the player loads playing the first song of the playlist) or 0 (the player loads stopped until the user clicks on some action)
- <volume></volume> This option lets the user configurate the default volume when the player loads. The values are the numbers between 0 and 100.
- <repeat></repeat> This option configures if the player starts with a default cyclic playlist reproduction or not. The values are 1 “or” 0.
- <shuffling></shuffling> This option configures if the player’s selection from the playlist will be random or not. The values are: 1(activated) “or” 0 (deactivated).
2) Open the file playlist.xml inside Dreamweaver or any other text editor. This file contains the list of the .mp3 files that will be reproduced in your website. playlist.xml has the following structure:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<element url="../music/1.mp3" />
<element url="../music/2.mp3" />
<element url="../music/3.mp3" />
Where every tag element contains the URLto the mp3 file that will be reproduced. This address may be absolute inside the Web site (ex. http://www.mywebaddress.com/music/skin/musicname.mp3) or relative to the Web page where the player will be inserted (ex. music/musicname.mp3, in case the TSPlayer folder and the Web page are in the same level).
And, at the end, inside the tag <body></body> of the web page where the player will be inserted, insert the following text:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="355" height="316" id="TSPlayer" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="TSPlayerV2.1.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
<param name="FlashVars" value="playlistfile=playlist.xml& configurationfile=configuration.xml" />
<embed src="TSPlayerV2.1.swf" quality="high" FlashVars="playlistfile=playlist.xml& configurationfile=configuration.xml" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="355" height="316" name="TSPlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
Where “<TSPlayerV2.1.swf>” is
the URL to the file TSPlayerV2.1.swf. This address may be absolute inside the Web site or relative to the Web page where the player will be inserted.
Where “<configuration.xml>” is the URL to the file configuration.xml. This URL can be absolute inside the website or relative to the page where the player will be inserted.
Where “<playlist.xml>” is the URL to the file playlist.xml. This URL can be absolute inside the website or relative to the page where the player will be inserted.
TSPlayerV2.1 is a popular choice because of the number of options it offers and the availability of several professional skin designs. We will continue adding skins. In case the published skins do not satisfy your site requirements, you can contact us and use our design services for the flash music player to match your Web site perfectly.