Keyword Density AnalyzerA Dreamweaver™ Extension
DW 8, CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6 or later versions
- Analyzes the keyword density of your pages for SEO (search engine optimization) purposes
- Shows weight values for each page element - body, links, anchors, metatags - and overall page
- Notifies of poor density in sensitive elements
- Gives spam alerts
- Allows comparison between different sections of keywords and between different pages
- Provides the exact number of words in each element that is relevant to search engine robots and the presence of your keywords.
Video tutorial: Keyword Density Analyzer Video/Demo
How to read the report?
1st column: shows the name of the page elements being analyzed.
2nd column: indicates the number of matches of the keyword on each element.
3rd column: shows the total number of words for each element.
4th column: shows the most important value - the density (%), of keyword inside each element. Background colors indicate spam danger (excessive density), poor density, or acceptable density values.
5th column: shows an estimated weight for the keyword of each element.
This function applies to the most important elements in terms of density: the title, the metatag descripion, the H1 head tag and the page body.
The "weight" value
The weight is meant for comparative purposes between different keywords. This way you can establish which keywords have greater relevance, or find out which page is more relevant to some keyword.
A greater "weight" does not necessarily mean that the page is better optimized for search engines, big values of "weight" are unnatural and are signals of spam, on the other hand, very low values of weight indicate poor relevance of the keyword for the page. Use the "weight" value only for comparative purposes and optimize your page based on the density column.
Read more in the Keyword Density Analyzer - Frequently Asked Questions.
Go to Commands > Trio Keyword Density Analyzer